Skip to content
- Song Four—like all of them—proves to be harder to execute than initially imagined.
- It’s really hard to commit something that has been bouncing around in your head for over two years.
- It’s becoming abundantly clear that I really want to be making Album Nº5, but I really want to HEAR Album Nº4 exist. So I have to work through it. It will be worth it, but I am scared that it’s not going to be what I have been dreaming of for so long.
- Guide tracks are in—percussion session tomorrow and Sunday. Instruments (some) go in next week.
- I need to approach this in the way that I did with Claye during the early 2014 run: Relaxed four hour sessions several times a week with one main goal per session (record the bass, record the saxes, etc.). Otherwise, I just overwhelm myself. I need to approach it more pragmatically, it’s just hard to get started when I don’t know if any of my ideas are going to actually work in practice.