a day later… an update on things claye needs to do…
- ditch the concept intellectuality and complexity. embrace grain, noise textures, art influences.
- ditch the pretentious titles. “cognition”? “euphoria”? fuck it. if i’m gonna have a difficult to understand album, i might as well have some relatable titles.
- on titles… don’t describe the sounds with the titles. tons of ambient stuff does that and it’s pretty fucking annoying. make it relatable.
- ditch lyrics. seriously, fuck it. i’ve had it.
- greater use of space/silence.
- less “psychedelic noodling”, more finely-controlled sounds. better use of dynamics and space.